Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Whelping has begun! UPDATE!

It has been a long night and I think both Gunny and I will need toothpicks to hold our eyes open today. Finally, at 7:20 this morning the first pup has arrived. Stay tune for the complete update once she is done.

A couple of hours of sleep and a shower does wonders. Of course, Gunny will need a bath soon so she can feel 'fresh' too.  Right now, a bowl of food and cool water was most important to restore all the liquids lost during the birth process.

Gunny is happily nursing her bundle and catching some much needed shot eye!



The order of birth is as follows:

  • 7:20 am - Phantom black and tan male. The largest pup at 8  5/8 ounces.
  • 7:39 am - Apricot female, the smallest pup at 6  5/8 ounces
  • 8:03 am - Apricot female weighing 8  1/8 ounces.
  • 8:36 am - Chocolate female, 8  1/4 ounces.
  • 9:17 am - This male is also a Phantom! It takes a while before the markings appear. 7  3/8 oz.
  • 9:45 am - Apricot female was the last to be welcomed weighing 7  1/4 ounces.
A very nice assorted color group that is heavy on the females . I was sure surprised that a phantom was part of the group! I knew there was a possibility but the odds were not high.

The group will be seen by my vet tomorrow to assure me all is well.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! A beautiful litter. (As an ADNE fan, I couldn't not comment, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! Now that they are born you will have more pics to look forward to.

      Delete
  2. They are adorable!! Congrats Gunny and Abner!

    ReplyDelete