Friday, May 31, 2019

What a busy day!




This morning, we all piled into my vehicle to visit the Canine Ophthalmologist in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.  As you can see they enjoy looking out the 'window'.  What good riders they are!  Of course, there is comfort in company!  Hopefully, they will be good individual riders!  At least none of them vomited or had wet muzzles from salivation stress.  They all did great at the eye exam and captivated all the adults there that could not resist meeting cute puppies.  :+)

Then we drove to my vet to have their Distemper and Parvo shots and a full check up for the Health Certificates.  I love that my vet has me use a private door to go in so that they are not exposed to any of the sick animals that might be in the waiting room.  Once again, they had 'ooo's and ahhs' from Dr. Berry and vet techs.  Thankfully, all were in good health and cleared all the requirements for  the health certificate.

-------------------------



While the pups were settled in the back of my car with the back door up and in the shade, we met up with Ms. Sadie Benz.  She was at my vets for her first progesterone test as she is being bred soon for her first litter.  Sadie is a lovely cafe colored Labradoodle.  Would you believe she was solid chocolate for almost one and a half years?  Most chocolates change to cafe.

------------------------ 


Lastly, still at my vets, Clary Mc Fadden was brought in by her guardians, for her x-ray as pups are due June 2nd!!  Her guardian and daughter were very excited to see the x-ray of her five robust puppies!  Clary has settled in beautifully here and is relaxed and sleeping next to my feet awaiting the big day sometime this weekend.  You can see her round belly above and also below.




It sure has been a busy day and I don't expect to get much rest given tomorrow is assignment day for Elsie's pups.  We also have other vet appointments on Monday too!  Fortunately, the pups stay home for that one.

5 comments:

  1. Joyce, I don’t know where you find your energy!
    Those pups’ faces looking out from the car are so cute. Clary is lovely and looks composed - hers will be beautiful puppies, too. Good luck to all! And Ms Sadie Benz, my granddog ;) I just think she’s the sweetest - so funny, bright & lovable.
    I guess that all your work is worth it. You breed fabulous dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to be home in my jammies now. The weekend will be full as well but hopefully also productive. A good night's sleep cures most hectic days. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful and healthy litter! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you as well - why can't we live closer??? Breeding leaves me very little time to get away and your work schedule and transport time is 'devilish'. :+(

      Delete