Thursday, January 3, 2008

Let's talk about the Puppy Room.

Hello!

There are some of you who are not able to come visit very often because you are not conveniently located near us. I know how important it is to be 'kept in the loop' with regard to what is going on and why. So, I thought I would give you a tour of where your pup is living and how their 'house' is arranged to benefit me and them. :+)

The pictures below show how the room is set up as of today. The arrangement changes almost weekly, but some areas remain the same - namely the grooming/weighing areas and the cleaning set ups. This morning was the time to turn the room into two pens for the pups. The one on the left is now where the pups will be housed (in a crate) with the potty area right outside their doorstep. It will be a few days before they are able to walk completely across the crate, over the little edge of the opening and onto the potty spot, but you need to always be ahead of their development. The area with the little zebra is the second pen. When I have to clean the first one, I put a blanket down and place them there for easier cleaning.













In this pic, you have a closer view of crate/potty and the introduction of the Buddy Bowl which has water in it. This is the week for them to investigate water. The Buddy Bowl is a wonderful contraption as it allows them to drink but not splash or tip. :+) Inexpensive rubber car mats are placed on the floor to prevent joint slippage.













Here is where I weigh them and groom my dogs. It is a small but well organized space that has everything at my fingertips. In the left corner is my steamer that I use a lot for disinfecting.













This is the doorway into my kitchen. Annabelle is the ever vigilant sentinal to its entrance. The vacuum, scale, grooming jackets and chart hang for easy access and the door to the outside pens with a built in doggie door allow outside adventures (and potty training) if the weather allows.













This is not a large room, but so far it has worked very well. I like the fact that it is right next to my kitchen so they get lots of exposure to the smells, sights and sounds of a home. They see me constantly as well as the other dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment