Monday, March 16, 2009

5 Weeks but back to basics.

I had decided to expand the pen a bit so that the pups would have more room but I might have been too optimistic. A number of accidents has had me rethink my position and I have decided to make the pen much smaller until they really get the idea of where to go potty. When I feed them, I open up the pen so that they have more room. When Maple wants to nurse, I expand the pen to accommodate everyone comfortably. This will be done for a few days and then I will expand it little by little until they know how to read 'BATHROOM'!

Today however, I took each pup out individually and let them check out their 'dogie' door corner. I wanted to see how much of an 'adventurous' nature they had. Here is what happened.


Little Yellow Girl initially looked like Little Miss Muffet looking for her Tuffet! She sat there for a minute until she spotted me sitting on the floor not too far away. As soon as she did, she came running wagging her tail. :+) She is such a little thing but did finally hit the 3 lb. marker.















No surprise here - Stripe is very interested in what is in the wastebasket and then proceeded to the pail, the mat, the steps........ He is 5 pounds this week.















Blue Boy was like Little Jack Horner sitting in the Corner! As is typical of his nature, once he noticed me he came right over to give kisses wagging his tail like crazy. His weight is 4.13 lbs.


















For once Black Boy was not SLEEPING! :+) He was actually quite animated and thought his 'image' on the wastebasket was quite handsome! A 5 pounder at 5 weeks.















I think Teal Girl will be a hunter - just look at that tail point! She is at 4.7 lbs.















Green Boy is all about seeing the world outside! It did not take him long to realize the door opened and he was ready to take his first walk outdoors. See ya! Green Boy!!! (I hope he packed a lunch because this guy is a hefty 6 pounds!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment