Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We are 4 weeks old and getting a taste of 'fine dining'!

The pups have enjoyed their space in the puppy room and just a couple of days ago, I gave them a bit more room for sleeping and playing. They have been unbelievable about using the potty box - I am truly amazed. :+)

Clara Belle continues to be a doting mommy. I fear she may never want to stop nursing and cleaning them up. I am hopeful to begin the weaning process as Clara's owners are very anxious to have her back home.

On Sunday, I started their intro to a food source other than mom's milk. I used Goat's Milk with pulverized Quaker's Oat Meal soaked in it. It was warmed and I would dip my finger into it and then let the pup's lick my finger. They enjoyed it but were having nothing to do with going to the dish and lapping. I expected this and kept offering the mixture to them at various times of the day just so that they taste a different texture in their mouths.

Today, there is definitely more interest in the bowl of food mix and they are beginning to 'get it'. Hopefully, tomorrow we will see a real interest in licking up their food. Once they are confident about eating from the bowl, then and ONLY then, can I begin the true weaning process which usually takes a week to accomplish.

The pups walk around very well now and play more. They still require lots of sleep though. I love the fact that all of them now wag their little tails when they hear my voice or I go in to pat and hold them. :+)

_____________________________________________

Red Boy is really growing by leaps and bounds. He weighs 5 lbs. at 4 weeks. He has a beautiful long tail and wags it readily. I love the white tip at its end. :+)


Hazel Mae looks like she is ready for her nap! She is a sweet thing and is eager to search out the world. A lovely local couple is very interested in being her guardian home. I am delighted!! Hazel weighs 3 3/4 lbs. this week.


Green Boy weighs the same as Hazel - 3 & 3/4 lbs. His curls just keep growing and his white markings seem to get brighter and brighter against his apricot coloring. A bit more on the shy side but that will go away with more exposure. He is a dear tyke!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment