Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Because we are growing, our room needed to be rearranged.

I noticed today that the pups were 'rubbing shoulders' when trying to potty, so a new arrangement had to be done for better accommodations. Adding more area is a pretty constant occurrance when raising puppies. Just like children, providing a stimulating environment is very important.


This pic shows an overall view of the new area. I switched sides in the room and they are now closer to the outer door. My grooming area has been moved back to its original spot. :+) Blue Boy seems to be enjoying the 'wider' view as well as the expanded potty area.














I also put in a decent size crate for them to check out. It appears that several of the puppies took to it right away!














The second group decided to snooze next to their new slide and step/climber. Mr. Monster watches over them from the corner. I think they like their new quarters. We will see how long it will be before I need to make another change. :+)

4 comments:

  1. A friend at work asked me if the pups use the slide. I told her that you probably put it there because puppies do use it at some point. We noticed that you have lots of toys to attract their interest. They look a little sleepy for fun and games in these shots though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,

    Actually the slide is for them to get use to gentle climbing; for entertainment; for stimulation; for a different texture and for playing King of the Mountain. Pups learn early that the higher you are equates with power. All of these pups will learn the pecking order and will find their place within it.

    I switch off 'toys' routinely, even when they are sleeping. They wake up to something new and investigate it. Being inquisitive is important to develop in puppies so they have less fear when confronted with something new when out in the world. By doing this now, it helps them learn coping techniques.

    Sleepy? At this age, napping is what they do most of the time. They have a very short burst of energy after eating only. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the monster :) I guess that prepares them for the unknown in life :). The are just so beautiful. I must look at the pictures of this litter every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you do. I hope we have nice weather for MOndays shoot. :+)

    ReplyDelete