Monday, April 4, 2011

Maple's pups are certainly surpassing growth patterns!

It appears every single pup is ahead of their weight in this group. This does not mean they are going to be huge doodles at all, but that mommy Maple is certainly providing them with lots of nutritious milk. She should be, she is eating like a horse! Soon, I will be introducing them to some Goat's Milk and then a combination of that with some oatmeal and baby food meat. All in good time.

I did change them to a different 'bed' as the sides on the pool were not high enough for them now that they have grown so. I was afraid that one or two would crawl out in the middle of the night, so switched to a higher sided container. Maple is nursing sitting up now anyway!

My plan is to move them to the puppy room very soon. I am just waiting for my new steamer to arrive so that I can sterilize the area from the last litter. Should be this week. :+)

You may also see that many of the pups have opened their eyes - ahead of schedule as well!

------------------------------------------------------------
(By clicking on the pics, you can make them larger - really defines the black babies better.)

Green Boy's eyes do open but he decided to keep them closed for his pic - 2.10 lbs.














Orange Girl wanted to climb out of her box sooo badly! Although her nose is speckled right now, it will continue to fill in and be completely black. You will notice this in all the parti pups. Sometimes they end up with 'freckled' noses but that is not very common. 2.32 lbs.














Black Boy was trying to sniff the violas, I think. :+) 2.30 lbs.














Blue Boy just about fit in the container - 2.96 lbs.!














Pink Girl is the smallest in the group of ladies at 2.10 lbs.














Teal Girl is afraid of heights, I think. She was on a stool during the photo take. 2.54 lbs.














Red Boy was taking a gander at his surroundings even though their eyesight is not truly functioning at this time. 2.24 lbs.














Stripe Boy is a hefty one as well and just settled into the box. 2.82 lbs.

3 comments:

  1. They are all so beautiful! I can't believe how tiny they are that you can fit them in those boxes... it's been a long time since I've seen a 2 week old pup!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a handful! Put something that weights between 2 and 3 lbs. in your hand that wiggles and you will get an idea of what they are like! I will try and take more pics tomorrow if it is sunny. I had errands to do today and did not get these done till the early evening. I am actually surprised I got them up and running. My computer and I have been 'arguing' lately. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great, more pics! :)

    ReplyDelete