Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The welcome mat is out for 'CAPI'!

Capi has such a luscious coat!
Quite at home in ones arms.
Loves being outdoors, too.
CAPRICCIO!  (pronounced Ka pri she o) aka Capi showing his conformation off.
Posted by PicasaI am always looking for new lines that come from proveable, AKC or Internationally registered stock and am so thrilled to be part of a co-ownership with this lovely medium male pup.  Tango Wool's Brahms Capriccio aka 'Capi, is a stunning third generation American Labradoodle that will produce creams, chocolates, blacks, apricots, reds and cafes'.  Capi hails from a variety of tested/registered Poodle lines in both Miniature and Standard sizes.  The AKC English Labrador lines are stellar and I feel very strongly that we must keep the LAB in the LABradoodle!

This boy has it all - conformation, non-shedding silky coat, square head and muzzle, saber tailset and winning personality.  Capi has been growing up in a Home School setting with lots of kid interaction, is crate trained, learning to walk well on a leash and has been started on house training.

As co-owners of this lovely doodle, it would be great to have a guardian home somewhere around Framingham, Massachusetts or anywhere close to Southern Maine.

Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity to welcome this yummy boy into your life and family.  A fenced in yard is definitely preferred but we would consider an Invisible Fence.  We have a wonderful 'incentive program' in place.  Please contact me (Joyce) at 207-676-5579 if you have any questions or need more information.  Thanks!  I look forward to hearing from you.  :+)

An interesting note on his name:  The breeder, Marci of Tango Wool, uses names that are music related.  We all know Brahms was a well known composer.  Did you know that capricchio means 'an instrumental composition that doesn't adhere to rules for any specific musical form and is played with improvisation'.  How fitting that this particular name (and boy) fits how Marci and I breed!  We research and gather information that best suits our goals and then 'create music' with our selections.  :+) 

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you can really see the Lab in this guy! He's really nice looking! And of course, I love the homeschool reference :-) Best of luck with him! As usual, wish we lived closer to you so we could guardian home one of your beautiful doodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really has a great presence. Smart and non-shedding from the Poodle DNA but fun loving with great boning and head from the Lab genes. It is what has made the Labradoodle the 'pet' to have over these past few years. He is such a fabulous example of the hybrid. :+)

      Delete
    2. How old is he, and how big do you think he'll get? I'd love our next medium to actually turn out to be medium lol! Maybe I should request a medium small?

      I love his tail! I really love the curly tail, like Albert has, but I have to say, this guy looks pretty cute with it pointing straight out behind him. Okay, I'm smitten. Haven't shown these photos to Lila yet, but I can already tell you, she's going to be over the moon. She's probably going to ask if you'll mate him with Olive, her other favorite :-)

      Delete
    3. Hi,

      Boy, that is like asking me how tall your girls are going to be when they are 14 weeks old!! Ha, ha!

      The best I can offer is that his parents are 33 and 40 lbs., respectively. What he is carrying for size DNA can go from 10 lbs. to 68 lbs.! I believe the Labs are from the English lines, so shorter and more stocky.

      Unfortunately, no database or registry tells you a Standard Poodle's height - can be from over 15 inches to under 21 inches.

      He is 15 lbs. at 14 weeks, so seems to be on track for a true medium. Remember it is not weight that determines a size catagory, it is height.

      Delete
  2. Sundog and Barney's MomApril 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM

    Oh my. He is quite the cutie. His coat so reminds me of Sundog's. And I love the saber tailset. And I love a fun loving dog :) I, too, am curious as to how tall and heavy you estimate he will be in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I just explained it all to Kelly above. :+)

      Delete
  3. He is gorgeous! I do love that black silky coat! So happy for you. He will be such a nice addition that you can breed back into your lines. I too would love to see the pups that he and Olive could produce. We have been watching a lot of Frozen Planet here at night and my parents can't get over how Felix loves to watch T.V. like his Mom, Olive. He wants to play with all of the animals. Very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! I love quality black dogs and want to produce more of them. There is nothing more beautiful in my opinion! Fortunately, I hope to also be purchasing a stellar girl to add to my program to use Felix with. It has taken me a long time to find a breeder that has what I am looking for in both testing and well developed lines to move forward with. I hope her girl is pregnant!!

      Yes, the t.v. watching is pretty darn funny. Olive sits right in front of it and entertains us each evening. :+)

      Delete
    2. Ooh. How exciting! Felix will be ready to swoon any girl that he meets. If she isn't impressed with how handsome he is, then he will be ready to talk to her and convince her of how awesome he is! Haha. You do such a great job with all of your research and combining all of the best qualities to make such fantastic dogs for all of us to enjoy!

      Delete
    3. I second that, about all the quality research you do, Joyce! And what a cute description of how Felix will woo a girl :-) Lila and I sometimes sit and ponder the combination of your dogs that we want our next puppy from lol! As if we would know how to go about doing that! One day, my girl might just be knocking on your door asking you to mentor her, though. She talks about breeding labradoodles one day, as well as huskies (!), and she wants to breed the way you do.

      Delete
  4. He certainly is handsome, very tempting. But my little girl is just around the corner. Someone will be very lucky to have him
    join their family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your black beauty is right around the corner indeed! My new boy will assure I keep getting true blacks if he passes testing to become a stud. This is my intent - to keep blacks pure, shiny, deeply pigmented rather than sooty grey or brown/black which is considered a 'bad black' in Poodle circles. True blacks are so chic and crisp - a personal favorite of mine. :+)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope he passes all his testing with flying colors. He will have all the girls swooning.

      Delete