Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pearl pretty much sits up to nurse her chubby babies now.

 
Posted by Picasa
I forgot to mention that I had moved the puppies into the Puppy Room last Friday night.  They acclimated very well.  Until the puppies are more mobile, I will not be introducing the potty box.  Right now, they are so chubby, they only roll.  :+)  In a few more days, they will begin to elevate themselves and once that happens....they really begin to develop.

The pups are just now finding their voices and every now and again, I hear what sounds like a 'baby bark'.  It is the cutest thing!  Pearl does not sleep with her babies at night any longer, she is in my bedroom with the other adults of our household.  I do hear her go downstairs during the night to tend to the pups but she comes back up when finished.  She is a very attentive mom but not overbearing which is so nice.  At night, Pearl comes up on the couch to nestle in my lap as we watch t.v.  She loves to cuddle.  :+)

2 comments:

  1. Pearl is so happy to be furniture spoiled at your house, Joyce! She must be delighting. She does love to cuddle. The puppies all look so cute and roll-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, she is so funny - all the dogs take turns climbing onto the couch with me including Pearl. She comes to my face first and puts her two front paws near my hands for me to scratch her and once I do, the back two feet are on my lap in a blink!

    The pups are blimps. They are finally getting on their feet more and some are even waddling to the potty section of the area - that is if Miss Neat-Nic doesn't get to them first. She is obsessive with keeping them clean! Pearl still does not want to share her food with them though - she will growl if they are even thinking of eating some of her food. This is great 'dog/puppy training' and I don't interfere except to take the bowl out and let Pearl finish away from them. These are very important lessons for them to learn. They are also getting a tiny bit of a milk gruel each day now. I want them to learn to eat it well so that I can eventually begin Pearl's weaning. :+)

    ReplyDelete