Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Charlotte's pups at TWO WEEKS OLD!


The development of puppies is crazy - like speed dial! Their eyes are now open and all of them picked a different day to peek at the 'blurry' world around them. I do need to give them a few more days of the soft light in my office before exposing them to the bright sunny area of the puppy room.

So far this group is tracking quite closely in the weight department. Teal Boy is still the heaviest but there isn't a dramatic shift like some of my litters have had. They continue to gain beautifully on mommy's milk supply and their coats are soft and full. No, I cannot tell you who will be curlier or wavier yet but I can say none will be straight or wispy.  :+)

I have never seen a litter of pups with such big feet! They are going to look like fluffy slippers as they grow. I love that look but carpets will be needed to absorb water and dirt when they come in from the rain, snow or mud, so be aware!  Of course, dog booties are available at most pet stores now-a-days.



Caramel Boy with his ADORABLE eye patch! 1.15 lbs.






Pink Girl, who was the first to open her eyes. 2.2 lbs.



Purple Girl, the only solid color in the litter. 2.1 lbs.






                                                        

Green Boy has such symmetrical patches on his face. 2.2 lbs.




Teal Boy is showing off his tri-colors of chocolate, white and tan.  2.11 lbs.




Black Boy who is the twin of Pink Girl.  1 3/4 lbs.

 

2 comments:

  1. These pups are absolutely adorable! A litter that you have been dreaming of for a long time! ☺️ I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxanne. I have been waiting for a long time for both a tri and a black and white parti. I have had partis before but little 'dings' kept them from becoming breeders for me. I am keeping my fingers crossed these may be 'the ones'. I know what I want and am being very picky. We shall see. :+)

    Doesn't mean they are not all adorable though! :+)

    ReplyDelete