Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Piper & Thomas' litter have a 'bathroom'.

Today, after I finished cleaning the pups' area, I decided it was time for an addition - namely a potty area. So I placed the pups in my portable x-pen and went to work rearranging. Some litters learn more quickly than others, but to me you can never introduce a potty area too early!

I also hung some baby crib toys for them to focus on and chew in the days to come. Having a large stuffed animal for them to crawl under is also a popular addition.

No, I don't expect them to begin using the potty tray (white pee pad in it) immediately but by providing a place, it does help them decide where they should go potty. Most litters make the trek to the potty area very quickly.

There is a baby crib bumper around the pen so they don't get paws caught in the space bars as well as to prevent drafts - just a precaution. :+)

You are going to have to look really hard to find the tenth pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment