Tuesday, March 22, 2016

MINNIE MC GUINNESS aka Gunny, Minnie Mac or Guinness..by whatever name...

It was just meant to be. I had been talking to my breeder friend whose program produced Gunny and asked if 'Teal Girl' had been sold yet. To my surprise, she had not. So, I asked to buy her as a breeding prospect. I had just received news that my chocolate/cafe girl was not going to meet my breeding requirements and my only other chocolate DNA girl was about to retire. This lovely chocolate Cockapoo was the perfect replacement to add new DNA to my existing Labradoodle lines.

The nickname 'Gunny' kept popping into my head, so I use it although Minnie McGuinness seems to suit her very well as it means  'a small tankard of brown ale'.  :+)

Gunny is a miniature who will most likely top out around 25 lbs. She is destined to be a part of my miniature lines as I move forward in my program.  We decided to keep Gunny with us here at ADNE.


I love her stocky build and lush, non-shedding coat.
Happily, Gunny sleeps through the night in her little bed till about 6:30 am. She uses the dogie door all the time and knows 'sit and down'. The command 'come' is somewhat reluctant with quite a bit of 'army crawling' and sometimes it is accompanied with a flip on the back which begs for a belly scratch. Fetching is an odd game of  'Yes, let's play but I want to keep the ball, ok?'

A hearty eater, I always have to watch that she does not try to wrangle some extras from the rest of the crew's bowls. Gunny is not an excessive barker but she will join in with the rest of the crew when so inclined. Gunny loves to take a nap on the couch cuddled very close to you. Other times, she is my foot warmer. I love her easy care coat but it does grow quickly! 




STATS AND CERTIFICATIONS:


  • DOB:  November 20, 2015. Sire is The Music Box Lyric - a caramel Moyen Poodle and Rockhaven's K-Aaroning It On - a Black and Tan American Cocker Spaniel. Both parents are AKC registered.
  • Size/Color/Coat:  15 inches and 20 lbs. at maturity. Color DNA is bbEe. Gunny is chocolate with a non-shedding coat. Gunny carries for the phantom pattern but does not carry the Parti or Merle gene.
  • PRA Eye Disease - Cleared through parents. Proof provided.
  • CERF - Normal 3/21/16, 10/9/16, 5/5/17, 8/3/18. OFA#: COP-EYE11/29F-VPI
  • von Willandbrand Disease - Normal through parents. Proof provided.
  • EIC (Exercise Induced Collapse) - Normal through DDC Labs.
  • DM (Degenerative Myelopathy) - Normal through DDC Labs.
  • Hyperuricosuria DNA Test - is Normal through DDC Labs.
  • PFK (Phosphofructokinase Deficiency)  - is Normal through Gen Sol Labs.
  • Hips - PennHIP - At a year, is .47/.45
  • Elbows - Will be OFA Certified when 2 years old, prelims are Normal.
  • OFA Patellar Luxation (knees) - Prelim Normal
  • Canine Cardiologist - Auscultation is Normal on 5/9/17 at 17 mos. OFA#: COP-CA31/17F/C-VPI
  • Thyroid and Blood Chemistries - Dr. Dodds Labs is Normal at a year. 1/27/17
  • IC - Carrier. All first generation Cockapoos carry the IC gene. Gunny has a perfect coat with full furnishings. She does not shed or have a 'Terrier type wiry coat. Gunny should be bred to IC Normal studs to produce quality coated Australian Labradoodle pups.




5 comments:

  1. Love those green eyes!!! Great name Joyce. What a cutie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Roxann! Although my plate is full here with my seven adorable minis, I am so looking forward to meeting her. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed they are adorable. I love the picture of all of them in the basket....sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Gunny with beautiful green glitter eyes. Pilot looked at your ADNE site and thought it was Piper at first; then he noticed Gunny's chocolate color coat and clicked to your blog. She is a beauty. Does she stare into your soul as Miss Harriet does?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gunny rolls over and wants her belly rubbed 24/7. Her eyes are really striking and she follows me everywhere. :+)

    ReplyDelete