Friday, January 6, 2017

Pups have been moved!

Although I had some computer issues yesterday, they have been resolved so now I can post a couple of pics of the pups' new digs. :+)

Charlotte is very happy to have lots of flexibility for coming and going and the pups adjusted to the area smoothly. I am always happy to have more space under my feet when I move the pups out from under my desk!

It is a proven fact that pups do best when they can enjoy some sunlight and the pup room is full of sunshine by early morning which puts everyone in a good mood. Charlotte can jump the barrier easily to attend her pups and my other girls love to peek over it and gaze at the new furry bodies with envy. Gunny is especially funny as she 'cherkles' with excitement at viewing the pups. Very cute. This morning, I found Daisy WITH Charlotte in the pen together checking out the pups. Charlotte is a very agreeable mom and allowed the sensitive (and admiring) Daisy in without any issues. I think Charlotte was 'showing off' her brood to Daisy.  :+)

All the dogs go in and out the dogie door in the pup room to potty or just play around, so lots of action for the pups to be exposed to which helps desensitize them to noise and activity. I also keep the tv on quite a bit for new sounds and voice exposure. I did keep the heat pad in a portion of the pen and put a large red Elmo stuffed animal for them to cuddle with when Charlotte is not with them. They seem to like it a lot. The room has a radiant floor and a ceiling corner heater so they will always have a comfortable environment. We also have a generator in case of storms, etc., so I never have to worry about them getting chilled.  Enjoy the pics!





3 comments:

  1. Charlotte is such a good mom! How sweet that Daisy and Gunny are welcoming the pups,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte enjoys her pups very much but she also enjoys playing with the other dogs. She looks and feels really good and has a nice level of energy which you don't normally see in most moms. However, taking care of only four pups is a lot easier than taking care of 6 to 8. :+)

    ReplyDelete