Monday, August 13, 2018

INFORMATIONAL POST FOR THE DAISY X WYATT LITTER!

This is a good time to inform everyone on this litter of the upcoming schedule for the pups.  Please be sure to put this info in your iphone or calendar.

  • August 22 - 25, I will have family visiting so no puppy appointments.
  • August 26 - Temperament Testing in the afternoon.  I already have a puppy visit that morning, so can't have any more as the pups will be too tired for my trainer.  Once you are assigned a pup, your balance will be due so please be prompt as it must clear my bank well before pick up time!  Checks should be made out to ADNE.
  • August 31 - Pups will have their first Distemper and Parvo vaccines. No visits.
  • September 4th - Pups will visit the Ophthalmologist for their eye exams.  No visits.
  • September 5th - Surgeries will be done on the pups.  The girls will have Ovary Sparing Surgeries and the boys will have vasectomies.  Please read about these surgeries on my AnnaBlog!  http://annabelledoodles.blogspot.com/search/label/Neuter%2FSpay%20Choices
Now,  Pick Up Day.  Since there are 10 puppies for pick ups, I cannot do it all at once, so want to offer up two possibilities:
  1. I can do two pick ups on Saturday - one in the morning and a second one in the afternoon.  This is my personal preference but Saturday may not work for everyone.  I would prefer 11 am and 3 pm but am open to other times if it works better for you.
  2. I can also have some people come at the same time on Sunday, if Saturday does not work.  We will all have to agree on a time, so discussion will be necessary.  I would love the discussion to be on this post so we are all on the same page.  
Lastly, I would like all of you to send me an email at: joycetabor@gmail.com NOT HERE - your three puppy preferences.  I will need these prior to temperament testing.

A word about the surgeries.  You might want to know why I am doing the surgeries so close to pick up day.  The reason is the pup will have a far quieter place at your home to recoup than here.  Basically, they feel great and want to play, chase, wrestle, run and do all the things they should not be doing after a surgery.  It would be impossible for me to keep them quiet and reserved.  I would have to keep them all in a crate for several days which would make them miserable (and me, too!).  So being with you in a controlled environment makes the most sense.  Yes, they can gently play, go for walks, sit and cuddle, etc., but without all their siblings jumping, pulling, biting and hobnobbing, they will heal better.  By September 14th, all will be well.  Three days of restrictions here will give them a good start on healing but they need 10 full days of a gentle environment.  A great time for bonding with their new family.  :+)

Let the discussions begin!

2 comments:

  1. Joyce, the actual pick up days are september 8th and 9th, right?
    Carol G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct but I need to know which date and time you wish to have. Sunday will be a SINGLE pick up time and the time will need to be decided by the people wanting that day. I am not offering two pick ups on Sunday, just one.

      Delete