Friday, May 21, 2010

Sitting pretty for lunch!

I had been working with the litter on sitting and thought I would do a test. Trust me, when dinner is being served, the pups go nuts!

So, I made them a very special dinner of hamburger, our chicken mix and some peas and brought the platters in and placed them on my grooming table.


I put a bib on every pup even though they were dancing and jumping like crazy because they could smell the food and asked them to sit. Is this not adorable?? ( Emme is wearing the rose colored bib, Impatient Stella has the Light Green bib, Seamus is sporting the bib with the airplane on it, Riley has her tongue hanging out and has the lavender bib on, the striped bib is on Camden, Finley has the purple bib with the eyes on it and Dancing Matilda is tripping over the light pink bib).


Of course it was gone in a matter of seconds, but boy were they a happy group afterwards! (Me, too!)

6 comments:

  1. The photo with the pups all waiting with their bibs on is one of the funniest (and cutest) pictures I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely adorable! What a beautiful crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so amazed that they sat and did not pull bibs off! They LOVE to eat, so using their food bowls as 'bait'really helped. They were so willing to do ANYTHING! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture that is Joyce, one the best I've seen. We worked on Sit and Wait with Finley when she visited last week, did that help, or did you have to start all over?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had introduced sit some time ago, but it was not 'cemented' yet. Her visit with you certainly helped and now I think most of the pups really understand it well. They now have to sit before any of their meals are placed on the floor. They are also locked in a crate at night to help them learn to 'hold it'. All of them are doing very well with this so far. They are not alone in the crate but are buddied up. Their last potty break is at 11 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive!!! We also did this with our golden and she would wait to eat until we said "OK". What a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete