Friday, February 17, 2012

I am thinking spring........ (two week pics!)

The pups will really begin to grow and evolve at a much more rapid pace now that they have reached the two week mark.   Yellow and Orange girls have opened their eyes while the rest of their siblings are taking more time.  Of course, they can't see anything of any merit - just shadows but it is a huge step in their short lives.

I had to take the pool out of my office because Blue Boy thought he should climb over it.  Hmmm...  So now they are in a Perla bed which has much higher sides but still allows Clara easy access for tending to the pups.  She has already graduated to either sitting or standing for nursing - a tribute to the fast development of her brood.

All of the pups paw pads are reflecting the pigment changes from pink to black and in some of the pics you will notice their noses also beginning to darken.  I would expect that all these pups pads will be two colors - pink and black which reflects the fact that they all carry the parti gene donated by their mom's DNA.

I am no longer using a heating pad in their area as they are now able to regulate their temperatures and huddle together for warmth when needed or spread apart for coolness.   It won't be long before they will be transferred to the Puppy Room.   Soon, I will introduce milk and gruel for them to try with the hope that they will enjoy 'food' and drink less from mommy.


Blue Boy at 2 weeks - 3 lbs.


Yellow Girl at 2 weeks - 2 1/2 lbs.

Purple Girl at 2 weeks - 2 lbs.

Orange Girl at 2 weeks - 2 1/2 lbs.








Green Boy at 2 weeks - 3 3/4 lbs.

The group snuggling in their bed.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love how puppies (and kittens, for that matter!) sleep. It's so deep, and, out of necessity, they give themselves to it so completely. Oh, how I wish I could get that kind of sleep! I think I'd be a much more functional person lol! I see Purple Girl's eyes open here, too :-) What a precious bunch of babes. Way to go Clara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is more calming than watching pups sleep. The positions keep me in stitches!

      Delete