Monday, May 28, 2012

Capi and I go to Dog Mountain!

Me with one of my boys who joined us on the trip!
After all his swimming, fetching, running and climbing, Capi takes a break.



Capi LOVES the water!  One of his many entries of the day.
He waits for me to catch up as we climb to the top of the knoll for a spectacular view!
 
This shows some of the people, dogs and the dog pond.
 
The gallery building is delightful inside.
 
Capi sits with carvings done by the late Stephen Huneck who created Dog Mountain.
It is open to the public at no cost but donations are appreciated.
Posted by PicasaIt was a wonderful weekend of visits to St. Johnsbury for lunch outdoors, dog friendly artisan shopping and enjoying the fabulous weather.  The Inn at Maplemont in Barnet, Vt. is an earthy bed and breakfast that is so dog friendly, providing comfortable beds, with a relaxed atmosphere and exceptional service.

Capi, as expected, was a wonderful and polite guest and made lots of new four-legged and two-legged friends.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures so we can all see what a fantastic place this is. Capi is quite spectacular with that beautiful ,silky, wavy coat of his and his stunning personality. You have quite a precious dog there and I hope you find the perfect gaurdian home. Thanks for letting Felix play and for grooming him as well. You are such a wonderful person. We enjoyed our visit immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. We did have such a good time! Felix is a love and I hope to see puppies from him some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!!!! Are you kidding me??? I would have been there in a blink as we were looking for things to do. St. Johnsbury closes shop on Sundays, does it not?? Wow!

    I am so bummed! If I ever go again, I will remember this and make sure I contact you. I at least would have asked for you to come to Dog Mountain to meet and greet! Gee whiz. :+(

    ReplyDelete