Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Early Spay and Neuter Day!

I dropped off the group bright and early this morning for their exam, microchip, stool check (again) and surgeries and just received the call that all are doing well.  Resting from the anesthesia but I should be able to pick them up around 3 pm.  So glad all went well.  Whew!

Am in the middle of steaming the puppy room for their coming home party.  :+)  They will be penned for a bit and then have restricted access to the outdoors until pick up time.

At around 5 PM, I will give them all a bit of soft food.  If that stays down, I will feed them more around 7 PM.  Both Milo and Quechee had wet muzzles when I got home which tells me they are still feeling a bit queasy from the stress of surgery, anesthesia and a bumpy ride home. With the 7 PM feeding, I will give them a pain killer to keep them conmfortable. Tomorrow, they will be jumping beans, but their outdoor area will be very much restricted so they don't overdo themselves. At the time of this typing, all is quiet.  :+)

Update:  I fed them again at 7 PM and let them out to potty.  They enjoyed the fresh air for about 15 minutes than I huddled them all back into the crates for the night.  I expect howling tonight but that is normal for a first night of crate training.  They do have a friend while here so I hope all of you got a Snuggle Puppy for them to buddy up with at your home.  :+)

Update - Wednesday am - The pups are full of themselves this morning - just look at the picture!  Ate their


breakfast with abandon and the four with surgeries also had their last pain med.  I have closed off the puppy playarea (artificial turf) and they have the 'paved' areas for exercise and pottying.  It gives them space but confines their ability to run too much.  They are wrestling and playing happily with each other.  All is well.  :+)

Here is the group in the converted 'crates'.

The boys are settling down in their bed.

The girls are doing the same.

And Black Boy is wondering why the heck does HE need to be confined???
Black Boy was not neutered today but all are learning 'crate time'.

6 comments:

  1. We bought Flynn a Snuggle Puppy that resembles his brother, Milo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww.... that is terrific! He is going to need it as he voices his discontentment the loudest at the moment. He really likes a crowd around him. :+)

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful puppies. You are going to have some super excited families! You have such a great program and have it all down to a science. I can't imagine another breeder doing as great a job as you with all of the play areas, stimulating and comforting toys and obstacles at the appropriate time, introducing them to pottying outside and using a doggie door, snuggle toys and buddies, major cleanliness and disinfecting, organic homemade diet, and all of the love that you give them. You do all of this including introducing them to the car to help prevent motion sickness and post so many wonderful pictures and comical commentary along the way. I just can't say enough about you!!! Thanks for posting for all of us Annablog addicts. Always brings a smile to my face when I see the pictures and read your commentary. So happy and proud to be a Guardian Home for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gheesh, Debbie! Can I 'market' your comments? Ha, ha! Thank you so much for such kudos. It is a labor of love and commitment to the hybrid we all love.

      Delete
  3. How about a celebratory Red Sox photo shoot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that exciting??? I was glued to the t.v. last night and kept waiting for the shoe to fall because St. Louis is a really tough ballclub with an incredible pitching line up.

    However, BOSTON STRONG rang true! :+) I will see what I can do about a pic.

    ReplyDelete