Friday, June 6, 2014

Another busy day at ADNE!

Yesterday, I spent most of the day fighting traffic in the Boston/Cape Cod area to get Tate O ' Reilly bred. It was made palatable because Tate's guardian was with me but it is not a trip I would want to repeat soon. I have an aversion to cities and excessive traffic!

Today, it was surgery day for Daisy, Elvis and Sir Winston and I arrived early in the morning to drop them off. They also did blood work, received their microchip, had their stools checked once again and wrote out their Health Certifications.

While Pippin's siblings were at the vet, I took her for a walk in the stroller and prepared the puppy room for the arrivals needing to be picked up later in the day.

They are not happy in the enclosed pens but need to be kept relatively quiet for a couple of hours. Immediately when home, I gave each one a small bowl of food and will give another in a couple of hours.  I always want to be sure it is staying down and their bodily functions are working after the surgery.  Most of them are whining but that is to be expected.

Tomorrow they will be doing much better and the hardest thing will be preventing them from licking the surgery site.  Cones may be needed but we will see what tomorrow brings.  They will also have visitors tomorrow in the late afternoon.

Pippin really missed her siblings.

Although not happy being enclosed, they are doing well. Yes, even Pippin
has to be contained.  Intro to crate training has begun at ADNE.
By the way, the pups had many cuddles at Broadview Animal Hospital. Their staff of vet techs are extremely caring and always want to make the stay as positive as possible. It is a wonderful place and I am very lucky to have such a fabulous vet facility.

Lastly, I wanted to share this adorable picture of Pippin with one of my friends mothers who loves dogs and especially puppies.  It made her day (and mine.)  Doesn't this classy lady have beautiful skin?

Thank you for cuddling Pippin, Joanne! She just loved it.  :+)

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see all the cuties home and doing well. I hope they get a restful night and spring right back to themselves in the morning. Yes that lovely lady had amazing skin! My mother in law is the same way and she has always used Vaseline Intensive care! I think it is such a hoot everyone spends a fortune on face cream and she uses good old Vaseline and looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goes to show you it is the hype not the contents that sells products! My mom always used Olay and also had gorgeous skin. Most of the exotic cultures use coconut oil and have amazing skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photos! I switched to using straight coconut oil as a moisturizer/hand/body lotion, and my skin has never looked better. I'm also using it on Alberts coat, as he gets a little dry sometimes. I have to put it on right before we're going off to do something distracting, like a walk or a play session, otherwise he just licks and licks and licks! They love coconut oil! I've actually been giving them a teaspoon or so a day, and it seems to be helping Alberts skin quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I use Coconut Oil too on my skin and cooking; the dogs get it most days on their food and love it.

    ReplyDelete