Sunday, June 8, 2014

Visitors to play with the pups and to showcase Olive and her son, Felix Gumshoe.

My guardian for Felix Gumshoe visited yesterday with her children.  Felix lives in Brewer, Maine and his guardian is always so sweet to let me know when she is heading 'south' and will bring him for me to see.  His coloring is akin to burned charcoal - that is the best descriptor I can think of. While he was here, I did some DNA swabs on him to send into one of the dog color labs to help determine what dilutions he might carry. It will be very interesting to see what the results say.



'Hi, mom.  I have missed you!'
(Felix on left)
Thank you for posing with Felix, Bri!




















I do believe Olive knew that Felix is her son. Isn't this shot adorable?









Bri with Felix and Josh with Olive









As is typical of doodles, they love to be loved, these two are no exception.  If a lap is available, a doodle would love to occupy it.  :+)













I have been very happy that these pups have had lots of people to visit them. It is so beneficial for pups to meet new people as much as possible to form strong bonds with humans.  Of course, there were many more pics of Josh with these pups, but I think you get the idea that both pups and Josh were thoroughly enjoying themselves.

Thanks for visiting! I always look forward to these occasions.  :+)

3 comments:

  1. We had a blast as usual at Grammy Joyce's! Those pups are adorable and my daughter kept saying how much she missed them already about 5 minutes after we left. Felix had his first visit to the ocean in Kennebunkport (They allow dogs up til June 15th). He was hysterical barking at the waves as they came at him and then jumping back away from them at first until he got used to them. The kids were out farther than him, so he was warning them to watch out for those waves. Haha. I always love to see Olive and Felix together. Olive is such a sweet, gentle soul. I just love her coat. You are going to have some happy families as usual as they are all such sweet pups! So glad we got to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felix is a hoot! Just like his mom, Olive in so many ways. Very endearing, sensitive, loving and gorgeous. I AM prejudice! ha, ha!

    Thanks so much for all that extra traveling, Deb - you are the best! Hugs to all and get some rest after all these excursions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the pups are recovering nicely!? Can't wait to see them soon!

    ReplyDelete