Friday, December 25, 2015

Oh boy... Piper Moon is here visiting and....

I do believe she will have another good sized litter. When I had her ultra sound which was around 26 days into her pregnancy, my vet said she saw two puppies... 'but it was early'. With her delivery date coming up in about 2 weeks, I think we are looking at six - at least I hope so! Her x-ray will give us a better view as to numbers but she is 'porking' right up!

Piper's coat is the softest and silkiest of my breeding stock - it just sparkles!

Piper is taking a lot of naps and needs to go out to piddle many times a day. Puppies put a lot of pressure on kidneys and carrying a litter makes momma canines quite tired - all normal and expected.

Both Piper Moon and Thomas have very similar coats - satiny fleece! The ultimate coat for easy grooming.


Tip of the Shore Thomas, an extraordinarily handsome stud!

The pups will be mediums bordering small standard size - 30 to 35 lbs. and 18 to 21 inches in height. Piper Moon will be retired after this litter and live the good life with our daughter and family in New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment