Saturday, April 1, 2017

HAZEL X TANGO WOOL BO DIDLEY LITTER

After being up for 24 hours, I finally had a good night's sleep - does wonders for the body and soul.

Hazel and her five pups are all doing well. Actually, Hazel is producing so much milk, I am going to have to reduce her food a bit which is NOT going to make her happy at all!!  However, her little babies are not big enough to drink all she is making and that could lead to mastitis which we want to avoid.

Sadly, losing two of her pups was terribly disappointing but once the tears are shed, you must move forward and tend to the living. Keeping Hazel free of snow after going outdoors to potty so the pups don't get chilled has added another layer to the care and welfare of them. For some odd reason, Hazel PREFERS to pee on the deeper snow.  Thanks Mother Nature!!!!  :+(

Pink Girl - 7  1/4 ounces.

Blue Boy - 9  5/8 ounces. He has white on his muzzle, chest and some toes.

Purple Girl - 9  5/8 ounces. Guardian Home candidate at this time.

Red Boy - 7  3/8 ounces. Has white patch on nose, chest and some toes like his brother.


Green Boy - 6  1/2 ounces

I will also be choosing one of the black boys to add to my program for a possible future stud. At this time, I have a potential guardian family interested. I am seeking a local family for Purple Collar Girl.

Please be aware these pics look much bigger than the actual pups - they are tiny right now! I can't wait for them to grow a bit so pics are more fun to take.  :+)

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the two pup's that didn't make it. I can only imagine the emotion you must feel.
    The 5 look so cute. I look forward to watching them grow through this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breeding can be brutal sometimes. I have been lucky - many joys to just a few tears. :+)

      Delete
  2. me too. a lot. I'm thinking of a memorial service we could do together. the pups didn't even get named. we could name them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, I am so happy to hear that 5 are happy and healthy and I am so sorry about the lose of the two pups. Looking forward to updates and information! Congrats to Hazel and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if the two who didn't survive had discernible sexes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they were both males. The stillborn was perfect in every way but the umbilical cord must have broken just prior to him coming out. I tried but could not revive him. :+( The other boy just was just too weak and small. I always like to name pups that don't make it angel names like Gabriel and Michael.

    ReplyDelete