Thursday, August 24, 2017

Car rides for Daisy's litter.

Each litter, I try to help prevent the possibility of car sickness by taking the pups on three car rides before they are ten days old. In many cases, it helps but I will never say it is 100%. I had attended a seminar in New York several years ago and the speaker mentioned this 'trick'. Her explanation is that the pups adapt to the car movement better at this age and there will be memory cells as it being a positive experience. I can tell you that this group of nine were quite content in my car and I had no squawking for the entire ten minute ride - a good sign.  :+)  The group finished their 'trifecta' and will have more trips once their vet appointments begin in a few more weeks.

They all snuggled into the basket and went to sleep! A couple are covered up by their siblings but were perfectly content.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you do the three car rides before 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad! It really does seem to help many!

    ReplyDelete