Friday, July 13, 2018

Another trip to Massachusetts!

Well, at least it won't be during a work day or a holiday like last time!  Golly, traffic was brutal getting back home.

Tomorrow I am off to pick up little Jonnie Cache (pronounced like the country singer Johnny Cash) from my breeder friend, Marci of Tango Wool.  Believe it or not, I think Jonnie is the biggest pup in the mini litter and she is not very big!!

Last week when I visited, I did some swabs for a couple of genetic tests and color DNA and the results were perfect for my ADNE stud match ups.  It has been years in the making but I finally have the potential for producing tri-colored puppies if the rest of the testing goes well.  This has been a goal of mine for several years.

Bernese Mtn. Dog
I have always loved the Bernese Mountain Dog color combo.  It is a combination of a black and tan phantom with the addition of white on the chest, chin, toes, head and sometimes a tip of the tail.  I find the colors magical together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Names have meaning for me and Jonnie's interpretation is 'a gracious gift'. Cache means a 'secret place of treasure'.  Jonnie's mom's nickname is 'Billie'- I think you can all see the connections.  Another tidbit is that my now deceased older brother was named Johnny.  It's a sweet spot. :+)

I am looking forward to introducing Jonnie to all the doodles here and watching her grow a bit.  Hopefully, a local family will be interested in becoming her guardian.

Here is what a tri-color Australian Labradoodle looks like: 

This handsome boy is from Canadian Doodles and his name is Porter.  He was instrumental in me striving to produce one like him.  :+)  You can see the similarities with the BMD above but in a much smaller size.



2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, a tri-color doodle puppy would be extremely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly! There are Bernadoodles available but they are still too big and I want to stay with Labradoodles.

    ReplyDelete