Sunday, May 25, 2008

Harriet - 'all tied up'!

As you all know by now, I have had to refrain Harriet from nursing her babies many times for a number of reasons. I thought you would enjoy seeing my 'contraption' up close and personal. Please don't look for beauty or ease of operation - for you will not. It was purely designed for squirrely babies who cannot read 'Do Not Enter' signs and Mom's who have a strong desire to nurse even when ill.

This pic shows how I had to utilized thick elastics to keep the neckline from becoming an 'entry' to the milkbar. Also note the sleeves her front legs are in? They too, need elastics to keep them rather tight. The elastics work better than pins for this purpose.



















This is indeed, the 'back door'. She is lying down so you can only see one side, but there are elastics on both sides of her tail. I grab the edge of the T-shirt's bottom and bring it up towards the top and tie with the elastics. Both sides are done this way. Perhaps if this was Halloween, it could be deemed funny because she sure looks strange. :+) This does allow her to clean and cuddle with the pups but prevents them from eating. Of course, letting her outside many times a day keeps me very busy with elastics.

1 comment:

  1. The pups look precious and so content! I can't imagine, though, how difficult and frustrating this situation has been for ALL. I'm relieved to hear that Harriet is doing better, thanks to your remarkable insight and intuition, and I'm impressed with your creativity and ingenuity! Barbara

    ReplyDelete