Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What a day for good news!

Hello!

Well, here is Harriet laying down this morning prior to going to the vets. She takes it easy most of the day except when she feels the need to follow me wherever I go. Since I still have two pups here, we still need gates and she hops over the gates to stay close to me. I sometimes think these babies are going to be 'milkshakes'! I thought she seemed pretty round, and the x-ray my vet took shows 9 to 10 pups! It was just a sea of spines attached to circles all tangled together. There is no more room in there and I have no idea how she is going to last for two more weeks without blowing up!!















Here, she is sitting on the stairs watching me. When I start to come in, she wiggles all over. You swear I was returning from a long trip instead of just emptying the garbage. :+)



















And this one just cracked me up - does she not have a 'Mona Lisa' smile???? Makes me think she has a secret.

And along with all this great news about the number of pups Harriet is carrying came the GREAT results of the two Annabelle pups I have kept back. Both Clara Belle and Olive Oyl have very nice confirmation prelims on their hips! Yay!

It is going to be VERY difficult to make a decision as to where these pups will go. The best scenario is to have them in guardian homes that live very close to me for ease of visits; as well as vet and breeding needs.

Both of them are wonderful pups. Clara Belle exhibits a comical behavior that compliments her curly apricot and cream colored 'parti' coat. Olive, on the other hand, is quite demure in her shimmery black wavy fleece coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment