Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No pics, but good news!

Thank goodness for good breeder contacts. The question was raised about the type of antibiotics Harriet was on. It so happens a side effect of Clavamox is depressed appetite and upset stomach. I decided to not give her any this morning and Harriet is eating a decent amount of food now. This is huge as she has gone for days with barely a few mouthfuls of any substantial solid. I have been syringing her with liver broth and Energel to keep her hydrated and energy level pathetically met.

I am so happy to now say that since this morning she has eaten several small pieces of chicken, a small bowl of hamburger and some ice cream with Energel 'syrup' squirted on. I am soooooo happy! :+)

It is necessary for her to get back on antibiotics given her surgeries and infections, but it will be a different one called Simplicef - more gentle. If this again causes a depression in appetite - I will go directly to Colloidal Silver and leave it at that. I know that will not upset her. I see the light at the end of the tunnal and Harriet looks and feels so much better.

Thanks you for all the well wishes and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment