Monday, May 19, 2008

It's been quite a morning!

Hello,

It was necessary to take Harriet to the vet's under an 'emergency' type visit. She had to undergo a C-Section because she had two puppies stuck in her uterus. :+( I had a gut feeling that something just was not right and I am glad I followed my instincts. The puppies were not viable and began to infect Harriet. I am heartened that a spay was not necessary as sometimes it is the quality of the uterus that becomes questionable when this happens.

So, dear Harriet was carrying 11 not 9 puppies all along. I am told that I can bring Harriet home this afternoon. In the meantime, I am swamped with helping 9 little pups eliminate and doing my best to get them to take a bottle. They are strong little buggers!! They are all weighing roughly 8 to 9 ounces. The chocolate boy is the smallest and the strongest fighter! Some things never change!

Here is their first group pic! :+)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce,

    Wonderful news that Harriet is okay!! The puppies look beautiful and Leah will see the picture this afternoon.

    (I am VERY excited too.)

    Warmest wishes to all.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce,

    We are all happy, Tabor included, that Harriet is ok !! She is so lucky to have you.......Tabor is up for a visit when things calm down. We Love him dearly !

    Best,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete