Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Maple's litter is 7 weeks!

This morning I clipped all their nails and trimmed up some of their eyes. I was very happy to take them to the front yard for their 7 week pics. They loved smelling the leaves, grass and plants.

I just started sanitizing the alley from the doggie door and the two wood fenced pens. A couple more 'dips' will soon allow these pups access to these areas.

The first temperament test went as expected - a litter full of soft natured puppies. It doesn't seem to change much for me. I tend to plan breeding's for this type of personality. Except for Kelly Green Girl, who has a pinch of extra spunk, they were various levels of soft, softer and softest. Oh well, those of you who want high drive, agility crazy canines will have to look elsewhere as I rarely have that type of puppy.

Miss Rose - 6 lbs. this week. She continues to be the smallest in the litter.


Miss Pumpkin weighed in at 8 and 1/4 lbs. A 2 pound gain in one week - oh my!


Mr. Navy is a WHOOPING 10 lbs.!


Miss Lavender is watching her figure and is 8 lbs. on the dot.


Miss Kelly Green is as well - 8 lbs. for her, too.


Miss Fudge is 7 and 1/4 lbs.


Mr. Spot tips the scales at 8 and 1/4 lbs..

11 comments:

  1. I hope people post in the comment box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely gorgeous litter! John and I are just dying looking at these latest photos. And the photos of Cadbury's litter going home with their families were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are enjoying this litter, they are cute as can be and Olive's litter will be just as gorgeous, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would think that since we took pictures today AND we visited all the pups "in person" we would be content. But, knowing it was Tuesday and that means updates, the first thing we did when we got home was check the blog.
    I guess we can't get enough!!!

    P.S. No breathing problems for Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all of us are thrilled AND hopeful that Kathy continues to do well.

    I do think our decision for 'single' exposures is a good one and we will see how that goes too. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable times seven! Can't wait for our next visit. They all seem to pose for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hardly, but I am glad it appears so! My Canon camara does make it easier for me to snap pics but these little buggers are all over the place. ha, ha! Lots of repetition shots and 'breaks' for the photographer. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce -
    Now that you're down to one litter, please feel free to post additional pics of this group if you want. As much as we check the blog, a week sometimes feels like an eternity - LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there no rest for the weary? LOL!

    I need to consider myself very fortunate in that I have had numerous families contact me for future puppies and scheduling almost daily visits is commonplace here at Annabelle Doodles. This takes up many hours as those who have either placed a deposit or owns one of our doodles knows. I always try to accommodate as many visits as my vet schedule and calendar will allow. It is important to me that potential clients visit the pups as often as possible.

    Since Labradoodles are tooted as one of the 'allergy friendly breeds', I get numerous requests for visits from people with allergies, both severe and mild.

    Although I do not gear my program for allergy prone clients, I do understand their need for frequent visits in the hope that one just might be 'the one' that would allow them to enjoy the companionship of a furry family addition.

    Scheduling 'controlled' visits with a specific doodle of mine takes time, effort and diligence but can make the difference between a family enjoying the benefits of a furry addition or never having this wonderful opportunity.

    I believe it is worth all the time and effort. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, forgot to add, I really do try to add pics beyond my normal weekly 'duty' but sometimes my days are just too full!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely understand and it is wonderful that you keep everyone in the puppy loop during their first 12 weeks of life. I'm sure you are very busy with visits, vet appointments, etc. I really do appreciate all you do to produce such wonderful, sweet tempered pups. I can't wait to bring one home.

    ReplyDelete