Sunday, April 4, 2010

Maple's pups enjoy the outdoors for the first time.

I decided to take the 'baby' pups outside today because it gets really hot in the puppy room and our air conditioner is not up yet. I had spent a lot of time and effort last fall to design areas in my playground that I could disinfect easily so that my young pups could be outside. It is a nice size area and in the shade. It is filled with stones and has a plastic fence surrounding the space which prevents the older pups from getting in. They can certainly see them but not interact. This allows both sets of pups to be outdoors at the same time but avoids cross contamination. They really enjoyed it and I felt good knowing they were happily playing and sleeping in the fresh air.

Navy Blue Boy liked playing and sitting on the ramps.


Miss Fudge snuggled right in for a nice snooze.


So did Miss Kelly Green.


Miss Lavender tried several textures to add to her taste buds.


Mr. Spot sat pretty for me on the stones.


Miss Pumpkin is very photogenic. :+)


And Miss Rose was missed when taking pics outdoors. She was sleeping amongst a pile of others so I took one of her in the house.

6 comments:

  1. Joyce-
    Still following. I LOVE seeing your pictures weekly! It would be fantastic if you could post early pup pictures with the last week of their stay pictures so we can see how much they change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so cute. We are waiting for their personalities to develop a little more before our next visit. How's Olive doing? You know Roger and I are huge Olive fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics!!! They are all so cute.

    Did you notice I toned down my exuberance? It is becoming increasingly difficult to remain stoic, it is more fun to be overly excited...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another bunch of beautiful puppies! Love their markings! Mr. Spot is absolutely charming! Love those partis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacia - that is a great idea and I will see if I can manage that. :+)

    Diane - Soon I will know. My guess is that she is. :+)

    Kevin - I REALLY like exuberance!!

    Gigi - Yes, I love partis too! Soon I will have a choc/white female to find a guardian home for as well as Mr. Spot if they pass prelims. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce, These puppies are just exquisite! My mother is watching the litters now as well so do not be surprised if you have another one of our family members contacting you:-) We cannot wait to hear about Miss Olive. I do not think we would be able to handle watching another litter and not making one of this gorgeous pups a family member:-)

    ReplyDelete