Monday, May 16, 2011

A busy day between raindrops! (Maple litter Wk. 8)

The pups and I had a busy day today. Early this morning all of them were loaded into my wagon for their second trip to the vet since the day they were born. At 8 weeks, it is time for their first DHPP shot. This is for Distemper, Hepatitis, Para Influenza and Parvo Virus. I did not feed them before I left, so I did have a few grumpy pups complaining on the trip there. Nothing too bad though. I would rather listen to a bit of whining then the retching sounds of upset tummies. Once at the vets, they all 'blessed' his super clean floor (normal) and none of them complained about their shot or exam. The trip home was nice and quiet. :+)

Once home, I prepared a super large breakfast for them all and I still get amazed at how quickly they can consume all of it. A treat of organic blueberries was enjoyed by all.

After completing a couple of errands, I thought I would try to get their 8 week pics outdoors between raindrops and was thrilled to have succeeded!
----------------------------------------------------

Black Boy followed me all over and it was difficult to get a good shot of him because he was always underfoot. Finally, a truck went by and he stopped to listen. Thanks whoever you are that was driving! 7.8 lbs.


Teal Girl raced like a Greyhound. She was happy as a clam in mud and it shows! 8.7 lbs.


Pink Girl felt this path was made for her. I do believe she might have wanted a red carpet but that was not happening. 7.7 lbs.


Stripe Boy, true to his nature, sat and gazed at the grass, the flowers, the birds.... 11 lbs.


Red Boy was like a tiger in the woods. There were places to go and things to smell and he was determined to experience them all. 7.7 lbs.



Blue Boy. This was the ONLY still shot. When his toes hit the ground he ran and leaped and rolled. He is most definitely an outdoors man! 10.5 lbs.


Green Boy should be called 'Dandy'. He is so prim and proper. 7.5 lbs.


Orange Girl was a dancing ballerina outdoors. She just had the best time as evidenced by this shot. 8.2 lbs.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Wow Joyce, these pups are just exquisite. Maple and Rumple did a great job!It's so interesting to see how different their personalities are - we can always see which ones are the busybodies :)
    Glad you got through these NE raindrops to get the pics, thanks for getting them up there on our special Mondays :)

    p.s. My husband commented on how much he enjoys the work you put in to finding such fun things to say about the pups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are a fun group. I love watching the personalities develop. I enjoy writing a lot, so it comes pretty easy to me. Thank goodness cause I am a bit talkative!! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable. I always enjoy your commentary as well. You are an A+ breeder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Deb. You are an A+ breeder. I can't go to my vet's office without Dr. Cameron commenting on Albert, whether he's the one tending to us, or one of his vet's on staff. Every time, he says the same thing, almost under his breath "He is the most gorgeous, best bred pup I've ever seen." It's getting kind of funny, actually. The rest of his staff just stands there til Dr. Cameron's reverie has passed, then it's all back to business. Very funny, and needless to say, it makes my heart soar a mile high!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of you girls are making me blush. I am just thrilled that you love your furry babies. Of course, it makes me feel good that you have your vet's 'stamp of approval' too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how at least one of Rumple's puppies from every litter inherits that little white beard. What a beautiful litter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. On this litter there is Red Boy, Green Boy, Stripe Boy, Black Boy and Orange Girl with his 'mark'. Some are part of the parti pattern but I so love that Rumple is a parti carrier to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops! Forgot to add Blue Boy to that list as well! :+)

    ReplyDelete