Thursday, May 26, 2011

The first pup has been named! I hope everyone is thinking

of a name for their pup and once known, send it off to me. I will begin to call them by it and use it to teach them the 'sit' command.

I am happy to say that Black Boy has already been named 'NOODLES'! I will be laughing every time I call him! :+)

Teal Girl will be known as 'HAZEL MAE'. Since her mom is Maple Sugar (after the tree) and Rumple 'Sticks' is the daddy, I decided to keep the Mother Nature theme going, hence Hazel - another type of wood which has a reddish cast to it, sturdy but flexible. It fits. :+)

Won't it be fun if everyone gives the 'reason' you picked your pup's name and I can publish it here?

I will be updating this post whenever I get a new name so keeping reading! I know several of you 'sort of know' but are not quite committed to one yet. :+) Joyce

9 comments:

  1. :) well, I just kept throwing names out to my husband, including cool American Indian names for Earth, Lucky, etc... but he just didn't like any of the names... then I just started thinking of the the pups as doodles, poodles, etc, and said the word "noodles" and we both started laughing! We love to laugh, so that gives us a great laugh when we say it - now that we have our unbelievably cute puppy we are double noodled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! What a great way to start every day laughing at all the fun and crazy things Noodles will do! Thanks for sharing, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We had the name Canoodle on our list of possible names for girls, because it means kiss, and we liked the idea of a doodle named Canoodle. Speaking of Lucky, our son is strongly leaning toward that name for our guy. He just really likes it. We will let you know very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky it is for blue boy. A good name for a dog about to become the best friend of a 10 year old boy. We considered others, but kept coming back to this. Blue is now our Lucky charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said and a good name for 'a boy's best friend'! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been told that the Meryl's are going to name Stripe Boy 'ALFIE'. I think it will fit him perfectly. :+)

    They looked at hundreds of names before settling on two but Alfie became the winner. Yeay!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, I know I have always loved this song about 'Alfie'. It is lovely:

    What's it all about, Alfie?
    Is it just for the moment we live?
    What's it all about when you sort it out, Alfie?
    Are we meant to take more than we give
    Or are we meant to be kind?
    And if only fools are kind, Alfie,
    Then I guess it's wise to be cruel.
    And if life belongs only to the strong, Alfie,
    What will you lend on an old golden rule?
    As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, Alfie,
    I know there's something much more,
    Something even non-believers can believe in.
    I believe in love, Alfie.
    Without true love we just exist, Alfie.
    Until you find the love you've missed you're nothing, Alfie.
    When you walk let your heart lead the way
    And you'll find love any day, Alfie, Alfie

    Any one else remember it? :+)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drum roll....WE have another pup name! Orange Girl will now be known as 'MOLLY'. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the song, and the movie it's from. The original, with Albert Finney, and the re-make, with Jude Law, are both faves of mine. Love the song!

    ReplyDelete