Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Eye Exams and Surgeries.

Today the ten pups and I took a trip to Portsmouth, NH for their eye exams.  They did beautifully.  Dr. Cassotis, the Canine Opthalmologist commented on what a great group they were.  I love to hear that.  :+)

Once home again, lunch was served and  the afternoon was spent giving the five sugical candidates a bath for tomorrow's spays and neuter.  Black, Purple, Pink, Fudge girls and Blue Boy will be at my vets all day tomorrow.  The rest go in on Friday.  After surgeries, the pups are held by the many vet techs to sooth and comfort each pup.  By the time I pick them up late in the afternoon, many times they are ready to wrestle.  It is my biggest challenge to prevent that from happening, so the pup room is re-arranged into smaller pens with just 2 or 3 pups in them.  It is more 'crate-like'.  This set up introduces them to a crate setting.  I also start feeding them individually as well - no more 'family style' eating.  This 'introduces' them to both the crate and eating from their own bowl in preparation for joining your home.

While the first five are at the vets, I will bath the other five and just about be done with that when it is time to pick up the patients.  Busy times!

Vet techs patting and kissing pups at Port City Vet Clinic where we were for their eye exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment