Friday, February 19, 2010

Here we are at five weeks!

Cadbury will be leaving in a few days to go back to her guardians and the pups will be raised with the aid of three aunts and grammy Annabelle. They are totally self-sufficient now and enjoy their meals fully. Milk is no longer needed but 'doggie manners and training' will continue.

Auntie Olive has been such a pest doing her best to clean them and initiate play. Of course, I am always there for supervision. (I can't wait until Olive becomes a mommy!).

The pups have had their first experience with several visitors and will continue the exposure until they go to their homes. All of their vet appointments have been set up and soon I will have to start on all the paperwork that is involved. Until then, I get to have kisses and cuddles and the privilege of preparing their meals and cleaning up the messes. :+)


Red Boy continues to be a dark chocolate but I am guessing he will become a cafe` like his mom in time. (4.4 lbs.)



Green Boy was the first to show the color changes and my guess is that he will be parchment in color - so as I take pics from week to week you will really see him lighten to his eventual color of
a creamy tan. (4.8 lbs.)



Chocolate Girl LOVES her naps and it seems I am always waking her up to take a pic! (4.2 lbs.)



Pink Girl continues to be a pip squeak amongst the litter but has a big voice when it comes to holding her own at the bowl or with playmates. (3.4 lbs.)



Purple Girl certainly has a 'ticked off' look in this pic. Another sleeping beauty that was disturbed. I hate to think what she was calling me. (blush) (3.8 lbs.)



Teal Girl was slightly panting as the room had bright, warm sunshine coming through. It felt so good that I actually turned on the fan to give them more air. (4.12 lbs.)



Is this not the cutest shot of Orange Boy? I believe he will have a curlier coat than the others. Beautiful spirals, I bet. (4.4 lbs.)



Always placid (so far anyway), Black Boy sort of stays where I put him. We will see if that continues! (4.12 lbs.)



Charming Blue Boy. He too will become very light. So, if any of you people were wanting 'creams', trust me - many of these dark looking pups will NOT be dark at maturity. (4 lbs.)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. These brightened my dreary day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, How are the pups doing? I have your list of goodies and have a few questions.

    Should I get the small crate or the medium? I'd rather only have to buy one, but will buy 2 if necessary. I may be able to borrow one also. I hope to get out of the hospital tomorrow and be able to shop away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, It's seems like tradition...black boy is our favorite again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This litter is so cute! Blue Boy is quite a stunner, isn't he? (Like his Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Blue Boy is going to grow up looking like a Rumple clone. :+)

    ReplyDelete