Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The face of a mother....

Hi all,

At some point today, I will be saying goodbye to Cadbury. She is such a gentle, loving Labradoodle. Cadbury is very close to her guardian mom and follows her everywhere - whether it is 3 feet away or in another room. She does the same thing to me. Wherever I am, you will find Cadbury 'attached'. :+)

Cadbury's coat is simply amazing to care for. In the five plus weeks she has been here, maintaining her coat has been a breeze. Easy to brush or use a comb on; and soft to the touch. I give her guardians much credit to the ease with which I can cut her nails, clean her ears or give her a bath - she is incredibly cooperative.

Many dams will not allow dogs anywhere near their pups, but Cadbury's gentle and soft nature showed early protection but never aggession. In less than 2 weeks, she had no problem with any of them being near her brood - especially that pesty Olive!! :+)

I chose this mating with lots of consideration. Aside from health, I wanted softly curled coats, gentle temperaments and a medium boned, perfect confirmation. The uniquely beautiful cafe or lavender color will be a bonus in those puppies that will express that color gene. The pups have shown excellent acceptance of strangers, enjoy being held, have very nice structure and show delightful coats. Jackpot! :+)

'Thank You' Cadbury and Rumple, for this exceptional litter - you have passed both gentle natures and confirmational beauty to all of your offspring!




As you can see, Cadbury is delighted to see her 'mommy'! See you again soon Caddie! You are a delighful guest!

3 comments:

  1. Joyce,

    Thank you so much for keeping us so involved in your life with the puppies. I am so confident I have made a wonderful choice in choosing you and can't wait to get our puppy.

    It's hard being so far away, but you have made it a lot easier with all your updates and pics. It very much appreciated!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dina. I love sharing the goings on with my pups, dogs, visits and life in general here at Annabelle Doodles. We become a family of sorts and I just hope that once you have your pup, that you share her life with me. :+)

    ReplyDelete