Saturday, March 19, 2011

Soon we will all be in our homes! Week 11

It does not seem possible but in another week, all but Figgy, will be picked up and on their way to new destinations. These pups have grown so much and have enjoyed their short stay here at Annabelle Doodles.

People ask me this all the time - 'are you sad to see them go?' I can't say I am sad, as I have spent enormous amounts of time with all their families via visits, phone calls, emails and such. All of them go to live with wonderful people who will care for them and treat them like their children and grandchildren, so I can't say I am sad. Will I miss them? Sure, I miss all the pups that have been brought into this world at Annabelle Doodles. I do take comfort in knowing I have done my best to assure each and every one of them a spectacular placement and this gives me great peace. :+)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is Oscar! Still the stoic look that he has had the whole time. I think his 'look' has earned him the name association of 'Oscar, the Grouch'!! As his family can attest, he is not grouchy at all and weighs 10 & 1/2 lbs.



Delilah, the energizer bunny. Loves to be in the thick of things. Loves to be cuddled and loves to investigate her world and beyond. Such an innocent expression belies a very inquisitive mind. Del weighs 9 & 3/4 lbs.


Miss Bali, has such a smooch face! She has great focus and just enough spirit to be entertaining. Belly rubs and lots of attention suit her perfectly. I think her family will give this to her in large doses. 9 & 1/2 lbs. this week.



I am told that Blue Boy is getting very close to a name, I can hardly wait until a choice is made. This boy is such a love bug. A rugged boy who loves to wrestle and play....and sleep! 12 lbs.



Oliver's people came to see him last weekend and he just wanted to be petted, cuddled and fussed over. A very laid back pup who is very happy just being with someone. A 14 lb. Teddy Bear.



Newman is going to love being outdoors with his buddies. Whether it be playing ball or chasing leaves, it will be Newman's cup of tea. It appears he will be very active in the car department as well since his family has lots of activities they participate in. Newman weighs 12 lbs.



In the beginning, I thought Figgy was going to be a firecracker, but I was wrong. Instead, she has become a 'melt in your hand' M & M. She is docile, soft natured and gentle as a summer breeze. When she approaches you, it is with the intent to have you touch her so she can lie down with all fours in the air. I am delighted about this and hope she will join our program and pass those genes down to her progeny. The biggest girl at 11 & 3/4 lbs.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos Joyce. We're counting the minutes til Delilah comes home. We're incredibly grateful that her first 12 weeks of life gave her every possible advantage any puppy could ever have. Thank you SO much for all you do for ALL the puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She still has lots to learn but is very sweet. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just 3 days to go before Oscar is all ours.

    Bill and I are so happy that we found Annabelle Doodles.

    You do a terrific job, Joyce. There aren't too many breeders who will give pups such a headstart by retaining them for 12 weeks. They already know what it's like to be part of a home environment.

    Thank you.

    The Hunts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oscar the Grouch, still cracks me up with that 'look'.

    I am sure he will bring you and Bill tons of laughter, tears and meyhem! That IS what puppies are all about. :+)

    ReplyDelete