Monday, March 21, 2011

Maple's group not even a day old.

Maple's litter is doing just fine. I know I am looking forward to a nap today. :+)

This is Blue Boy - 8.1 ozs. He weighs the most in the group.



Stripe Boy came second and was a nice 'parti' surprise. He has an 'open' pattern and is 7.2 ozs. An Open Parti just means there is more white than a 50% split.



Red Boy soon followed and weighed in at 6.2 ozs.














Another black male appeared and I was thrilled! Green Boy is the smallest pup at 5.2 ozs.



Finally, my first girl arrived weighing 5.8 ozs!



Then I was jumping for joy when this lovely black parti male was born. I have been hoping for a pup with this type of marking. If he grows well, he will be a guardian home candidate. 6.8 ozs.



My third parti in the litter arrived right after Black Boy and is darker than her similarly colored brother. Orange Girl is a full parti marked pup and weighed in at 6.2 ounces.



Last to arrive, in the wee hours of the morning, was my 'caboose' girl. Teal arrived after I had a two hour nap. She is a lovely rich apricot and is 6 ozs.


Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. I hope this new group of owners will use the comment section of the AnnaBlog to post thoughts and join in 'the conversations'. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miss Maple & Grammy Joyce! We are thrilled that you are the place to parti.

    Fondly,
    Beatrix' Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we are! I feel like I am at the Mardi Gras!!! Ha, Ha!

    You figured out how to post here again - how delightful. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so exciting to know that one of these pups will be coming home with us! We've waited a long hard winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many have. Maple did a great job! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You finally have your Blacks, Joyce. I'm so happy for you.

    Bill and I were wondering how in the world you are managing two litters simultaneously. You are the queen of the multi-taskers.

    I have no idea why the Blog inserted my maiden name as well. Computers...just when you think you've figured them out.

    It me - Oscar's new mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you and Maple. What a gorgeous group of pups. And the blacks and partis - how exciting! Miss Stella will enjoy watching them grow on the Annablog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Typically Ann, an experienced mother like Maple does all the hard work for the first two weeks. Although I am her premier Chef and Bottle Washer, she does the pup 'upkeep'. So as long as I keep her dish filled, 'protein' shakes made and do her laundry - I am good. Now wait a minute....isn't that what I did for my four children?? :+)

    Oscar and company are quite self sufficient. They have their toys, food, outside access and run of the kitchen every now and again. They sit for their food and their Cheerios and enjoy tormenting the adult doodles.

    Today they had their second shot at the vets and tomorrow, crate introduction for the evening begins.

    I always thought women were 'wired' to do many things at once and still keep their sanity. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane, please tell Stella that I am truly delighted to finally have some glistening blacks to admire and cuddle. It is not that I don't love all the other colors.... it is just that the blacks are so mysterious and shiny like a black pearl. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this puppy train just keeps rolling, doesn't it?! What a beautiful litter! I LOVE those parti's. Is this litter full? Our neighbors have become quite enamored of Albert, and keep asking me about you and your pups. Maybe Albert can have a cousin living nearby to play with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kelly!

    Yes, this list is full unless one of them decides to change their mind.

    I am tickled to have blacks again and just love watching such an ecletic looking litter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I just informed Rumple that he was a father 8x times over - again. What a beautiful, varied litter! I'm in love with the pattern on the black and white parti puppy! He's going to be stunning!!!!! Congratulations! You know we'll be following Rumple's babies with interest and delight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I figured you would! Yes, that black and white had me from the get-go as well! I love his pattern and will be hopeful that he will become Rumple's first son to join our stud program. I have kept his daughters: Camden, Clara Belle, Olive, Matilda (Tillie), and Muddie Pearl - but no boys!

    ReplyDelete