Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We are one week old and growing like the crocus! (Maple x Rumple)

Since Olive's litter left, it is very quiet around here. A nice change for a little bit. I still have Figgy and just picked up a cutie patootie new mini stud to keep her company for a while. You can feel the difference in the atmosphere here though - sort of like when you change the furniture in a room - gives a new 'feeling in the air'. :+)

Anyway, Maple Sugar has been doing an outstanding job with her litter of eight and they are plump little monkeys! Their eyes and ears are still shut tight but they sure scramble about the whelping pen and zero in on mom like lasers. They are a content bunch. These are their one week old pics that I sent you in the emails, but I think I can finally manage to get pics on the AnnaBlog - FINALLY!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Stripe Collar Boy is a bit on the heavy side at 1.52 lbs. I love his nicely balanced facial markings. He has less apricot spotting than his sister and this is considered an 'open' pattern in the parti world explained by the larger percentage of white on his body.














This boy (Green Collar) has a really shiny, silky coat. He is like black patent leather. At the moment he is also the smallest pup in the litter weighing 1.22 lbs.














I was so happy when the last pup of the litter was another girl. Teal Collar is really appealing to me with her darker apricot coat. I kept two slots open for me to consider for breeding stock.














Red Ribbon Boy has the cutest white chin and white on his back toes. I think he will have some curl to his coat as well but don't hold me to that! He weighs 1.36 lbs.














Now here is a bruiser! The first pup born and the fattest weighing in at 1.74 lbs. at one week old. He has a lovely apricot coat along with a nice large head.














This is Pink Collar Girl and she is a dainty thing. I believe she will have a nice fleecey coat with some curl in it. Rumple tends to be quite dominant in the coat department and throws his type on many of my puppies which is such a nice contribution for him to do. :+)














Here is Orange Collar Girl and she has more color in her parti coat. Again, that wonderfully balanced pattern on her face which is what I like to breed for. I was very fortunate to have nicely marked faces on all three of the partis born. She weighs 1.32 lbs.














So hoping this boy (Black Collar) fulfills my expectations. I would love to add a black and white parti to my lines. Being such a task master though, he will have to be 'a cut above the rest'. He weighs 1.40 lbs.

5 comments:

  1. So glad your pictures are finally up, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you must have checked just as I finished! So fun to watch this group grow - such variety!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What another gorgeous litter! Love those partis - every time we look at a new litter it makes us want to get Brewster a little sister! He was having a blast as usual outside with the girls. He loves it when everyone is together - actually collects everyone in the morning:-)! Hope all is well! Amy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is great! The new owners of Olive and Coriander's litter are happy with their puppies and Maple is being very good to her fat babies.

    I may even have the summer off and I am looking forward to just enjoying my doodle girls all by themselves. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous times eight!!! OK, now waiting for pic of Chaplin.

    ReplyDelete