Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Daily Routine.

I thought you might want to know what my routine is like now that Clara's pups are growing like weeds.

First of all, they have been switched to the opposite side of the puppy room so that I could arrange the other side for Olive's pups when they are ready.

It makes it a lot easier for me to NOT have them in the area that I am cleaning, so the pups are all taken out of their pen and allowed to be with their mom and run around the rest of the puppy room investigating.  I lock myself inside their pen.  :+)  It begins with me emptying their litter boxes. Next I wipe them down with Ammonia and let them dry in the sun.  I toss all the bedding along with their stuffed toys in the area they are playing in for entertainment.  Everything is swept up and the floor is washed inside their pen.  Once dried, their litter boxes are refilled; clean bedding is put in; water bowls refilled and new clean toys added.


The pups are back inside their pen and I begin my puppy 'laundry'.  Clara stands up now to nurse.  She is in the weaning stages and their snacks are brief.   It won't be long before Clara goes home to her family.  I finish up sweeping and washing the area surrounding their pen.






This is the normal procedure for each day along with preparing their food and handling them individually.

4 comments:

  1. Do you still have the parti in with your group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do! For some reason, she had flipped on her back and was laying practically under the other pups when I snapped the shots! I call her 'June Bug' because she is so chubby, it is hard for her to straightened herself up once on her back. Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see her now that I enlarged the photo. Looks like one satisfied pup. My favorite puppy photo (other than Felix of course) is of the puppy on his/her back in the potty box sound asleep. You take such great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course I remember that shot - it is Oscar and I thought that pic was a hoot! They adore him.

      If it becomes as beautiful as I think today will be, I plan to bring the pups outside for a bit. It all will depend on how things go. I need to get the area bleached and dried before they can go out. Such a beautiful day!

      Delete