Monday, September 3, 2012

Olive's belly grows and grows....

I was away for just an overnight and I swear Olive's belly grew another two inches!  She is waddling and swaying as she walks and thinks twice about using the doggie door.  Olive is a very cautious girl by nature, so is a careful and dedicated mom when she has pups.  I love her tender qualities. 

To date, Olive's pregnancy is 'by the book'.  My plan is to have her x-rayed for a pup count on September 17th.  Hopefully, she will not whelp before that date.  She is in need of another trim and I will tend to that soon.  Her coat grows quickly like most doodles.  Till then, Olive continues to follow me everywhere and each night she climbs onto my lap to have a belly rub as I watch t.v.  Sometimes, I wish I were an Annabelle doodle.  :+)

2 comments:

  1. Go Olive! She sounds like such a sweet mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olive is a very doting mom and loves being one. This is especially bittersweet as it is very possibly her last litter. I would love to breed her to Capi sometime, but that is a decision for the future. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete