Saturday, September 29, 2012

Olive's litter is two weeks old tomorrow!

Teal Girl weighs 2.6 lbs.
Orange Girl is at 2.5 lbs.
Black Girl tips the 2.8 lb. marker.
Purple Girl rolls in at 2.4 lbs.
Red Boy is 2.5 lbs.
And Green Boy weighs 2.8 lbs.  

Posted by PicasaThey certainly have been chugging the nutritious milk down that Olive has been providing.  She is nursing many times a day to keep this brood content.  I place a bowl of food in the whelping pool about every 3 hours during the day and always leave a good size snack for late night munching.

Of late, Olive has been taking some naps at night in our bedroom.  I can hear her come in and 'puff up' her pillow bed under ours.  She does not stay long, but needs a bit of time away from her demanding puppies.  All mothers understand the need for some 'me time'.  :+)  Obviously, she knows what she is doing as the pups are looking gorgeous!  :+)

5 comments:

  1. That is too funny. I am getting my away time and having a great time at agility with Felix. Always come back feeling more refreshed and have more energy for the kids. I knew Olive was smart, but Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, look at the chubby round faces of Teal Girl and Red Boy! And now only Purple Girl is still reddish! Thank you for all your posts, Joyce -- it's so fun to see them grow and change. They are all beautiful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coat colors are always changing - especially in the apricot/red group and the chocolates as well. Very, very few stay as dark as when born - there are exceptions but they are really rare. Even blacks can change to silver or 'brownish/black'! What remains constant are the adorable faces and personalities. Soon these guys will start to show some of their antics and that is when the pics become really special. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, another gorgeous litter of doodles! I've got to get some advice from Olive about how to accomplish that "me" time. My main "me" time is going to the grocery store by myself, and somehow, I feel that hardly qualifies lol! I'm mostly joking, but sometimes it feels true ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, going grocery shopping was 'my time' as well. It did help and when they got older, they brought it all in. I still had to put it away though so I could find the stuff when I needed it! :+) I actually looked forward to shopping once every two weeks. I always felt badly for those moms dragging their kids behind them quarreling and making mischief.

      Delete