Friday, June 17, 2016

Activity Box.

The pups will be four weeks tomorrow but I will be at a walk to support Rochester Homemakers who bring food, entertainment and company to those in need - especially the elderly. I tell you this because I may not get the individual pics of the cute four week olds up until later in the afternoon tomorrow.

Till then, I added their Activity Box to the area for them to peruse and they checked it out. Yes, I did place it in their potty area to entice them to use it 'while visiting the many different dangly things'.

The pups now get fed a gruel three times a day and drink water. Figgy is in the beginning of her 'weaning stage' where I cut back a bit each day on her food rations as the pups eat more and more of the food prepared for them. I expect Figgy will be back with her guardians very soon.

I love watching Royal Boy check out the ball.

Green Boy is 'tasting' the rope as Teal Girl sniffs the poles.

Red Boy just chillin' as he watches his siblings nose around.

'What do you see Teal Girl'? inquires Red boy.

Teal Girl takes a water break....and 

Red Boy takes his turn.


The Activity Box is beneficial for several reasons: Each item is either a texture, makes a sound or has a musical tone. Some of them actually touch the pups as they walk through which increases their 'touch' tolerance. It provides them something to mouth or chew along with the entertainment factor. Pups need to be stimulated with different sounds, textures and tactile impact to peak curiosity.

I also put a second Activity Box outside in their pen that I just finished preparing today. In a few days, they will have their first experience of being outdoors for a bit. Keep tuning in!

2 comments:

  1. The Activities are great Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen. It is really very stimulating for the pups and I love to watch them learn how to taste, pull, paw at and growl when interacting with them. :+)

      Delete