Saturday, June 11, 2016

WEEK #3 for the Figgy x Keefer pups!

Slowly but surely the pups are beginning to move about a tad bit more and are discovering the little toys that I have hung around their pen. Eyes are beginning to focus better and they are using the litter box for potty - not all of the time, of course but I am impressed! :+) Figgy still continues to keep up her bathroom duties but that will change quickly once I begin feeding them regularly. Right now, it is only once in a while as they learn to lap up a gruel. I don't want to switch them too quickly as that can cause digestive upsets.

I had a great morning to take pics outside, so I did!

Red Collar Boy continues to be the heaviest but not by much - 4 1/4 lbs.
Royal Collar Boy is a close second in the weight department at 4 lbs.

Fully relaxed in the bowl is Teal Collar Girl. She is an apricot not a caramel and weighs 3 1/2 lbs.

Green Collar Boy is still the smallest at 3 1/4 lbs.
In another week or so, these guys will be able to go outside for short periods. I have been working in their area to get it prepared. The afternoons can get quite warm in the pup room and being outdoors in the shady spot keeps them comfortable. We do have an air conditioner for the pup room and will be putting that in once we know the weather will remain warm.

I have noticed that after they eat, some mouthing of each other begins and that usually develops into some serious 'mouth wrestling' in the coming days. If I see it happening for longer than two seconds, I will try to get some pics. It is so cute.  :+)

Also keep in mind that at four weeks of age, we can schedule some visits. Saturday the 18th, I have a walk to go on but should be home by 2 pm. Sunday would be a better day for me if at all possible. Just be sure to make an appointment. Visits with the pups need to be brief as they tire very easily and I don't want to stress them out. Bring questions or concerns with you as I am happy to spend time providing information or answers.

:+)  Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment