Saturday, February 24, 2018

First car ride, vet checks and dew claw removal.

Bright and early this morning, I was preparing my car for Gunny and her pups' visit to my vet. There are many reasons to remove dew claws on pups and there are just as many to not remove them. My decision for removal is because they are an annoyance to maintain (grooming), get caught up on bushes, clothing, gates, fencing, etc., and if they rip (a common problem) it is extremely painful and bloody.  I do realize they are a 'balancing' appendage and do help with turning corners and grabbing onto rocks or ice for support; but my doodles are not rock climbers, racers or sled dogs; hence, I opt for the convenience to my owners.

The pups are doing super well and so is Gunny. All pups are gaining weight, milk is flowing and Gunny's appetite is excellent.

Here are a couple of pics taken at the vet office this morning.

Each pup is examined to see if there are any abnormalities or cleft palates. All are normal.

After the dews are removed, each gets a cuddle and a kiss from Dr. La Pine (left) and JoJo, vet technician.  :+)
I love Broadview Animal Hospital for their care and attention to each and every client.

No comments:

Post a Comment