Saturday, April 27, 2019

ELSIE X DUCKIE PUPS ARE THREE WEEKS!

They are really growing into themselves.  Walking is a bit better with just a bit of tipsy turvy.  They are beginning to mouthed each other as well as some of the hanging toys on the pens.  Eyes and ears are open and fully functioning.  They are becoming more and more curious.  If I change anything in their pen, they all want to see it, investigate, taste and smell what it could be.

The coloring on the phantom pups is beginning to show more.  Actually, each of them is slightly different with where their markings are especially on the face.  Believe it or not, the two light colored boys are the most difficult to take pics of.  I think those with curly hair can understand how they can interfere with photos!  Their eyes seem squinty with the curls all around - can't wait until the coats grow more, then they will look like little teddy bears.   :+)

Today, I added a potty tray - it is more or less for 'decoration'.  I need them to smell and learn that this is their toilet.  It will take a few days but generally, by four weeks, they are getting the hang of it.

At some point I will also offer some gruel for them to make a mess of.  The intro to feeding pups gruel is the same as feeding a human baby.  Food gets into eyes, noses, ears and fur; sometimes the mouth!  Lots of baby wipes!

I will also uploaded a video I took this morning (a miracle for me!).  It is on the 'video' tab and displays quite large.  Sorry, don't know how to resize it!

Teal Girl.  2  1/4 lbs.

Onyx Girl.  1  3/4 lbs.

Copper Girl.  2  1/4 lbs.

Lime Boy.  2  3/8 lbs.

Yellow Girl.  2 lbs.

Denim Boy.  2 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. Another great job capturing their sweetness!
    I can’t choose a favorite ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Sure wish I had today's weather yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete