Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Visits.

Now that I have contacted those that wanted a pup from the Elsie x Duckie litter, I am getting questions about visiting the pups.

Safety first!  The pups cannot be handled 'by strangers' until they are four weeks of age.  It is my job to   s l o w l y  get them acclimated to this new world they joined.  Until they are about two weeks of age, they can't really see or hear.  I spend the time from then through the third week to adjust.  By the end of the third week, they are beginning to feel a bit more confident but MANY times not all of them have reached this milestone.  Hence visits are short and sweet.  Those that want to venture to meet you will and those that 'hang back' will not be forced to join until they are ready.  Puppies are just like children in this regard.  Patience during this phase.  In no time at all, visits will be full of rambunctious puppyhood!  :+)

I will post here once I and the pups are ready for visits.  Please note, those that can visit during the week should plan their visit for then.  I can only schedule two visits per day on a weekend.  Pups still need lots of rest and sleep a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment