Saturday, April 20, 2019

ELSIE X DUCKIE - WEEK 2

'I'm late, I'm late... for a very important date!'  Do you remember that quote from Alice in Wonderland??  That was me today.  Early this morning, I went to breed Miss Gunny to Okie Boomer which was an easy mating - thank goodness!

Then I rushed home to do shopping for tomorrow's Easter dinner - always last minute stuff to get, right?

Once the food was put away, I began taking the pics for the pups' two week celebration.  Finally, uploading everything for clients to enjoy.  Whew, I sort of feel like the 'Unbirthday Party' of the same movie (chuckle!).

Well, my little 'bunnies' were set up for their photo shoot in a large Easter Basket.  Most of the time, I am able to place them in the basket vertically, but this group is just not big enough, so I had to improvise for their safety.

Onyx Girl is now 1 lb. 5 oz.

Lime Boy weighs 1 lb. 8 oz.

Yellow Girl is the smallest at 1 lb. 2 oz.

Denim Boy is 1 lb. 5 oz.

The 'Big Bopper' of the litter is Teal Girl at 1 lb. 13 oz!

Miss Copper Girl is 1 lb. 8 oz.


The past couple of days, each of the pups have opened their eyes.  The ears have not quite caught up yet.  I actually moved them to the Puppy Room yesterday as I wanted them in there before my company came.  This way, they are not isolated and will acclimate to the different voices, kitchen sounds and numerous 'peeks'.  All the doodles go in and out of that room all day long which is great exposure to dog life.  None of the doodles try to get in their pen - Elsie keeps an eye on things.  :+)

Elsie continues to eat well and produce nutritious milk and the pups are all gaining.  Golly, in a couple of weeks - we will be scheduling visits!!

Last pic is of them in the pup room with lots of room and sunshine for them to enjoy.  :+)


2 comments:

  1. Joyce, they are too cute!
    Happy Easter to you & yours 🌷🐰

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY EASTER to you and your family as well!

    ReplyDelete