Saturday, June 5, 2010

Olive's three week old puppy pics!

Olive has been a great mommy and I took this pic because both Mommy and puppy were yawning at the same time! :+)


Here is the group of them all napping with full bellies. Their colors are so beautiful.


Red Girl, who is a light apricot, weighs 1 & 3/4 lbs.


Black Boy weighs 2 & 1/2 lbs. and is as silky as they come.


Blue Boy, who is a deep caramel, weighs 2 & 1/2 lbs.


Teal Boy is a lovely shade of red and weighs 2 & 3/4 lbs. FYI - (He is considered a 'red' because his pigment is black. Although the same coat color, a 'caramel' must have liver pigment.)


Purple Girl has that silky, shiny coat too and weighs 2 & 3/4 lbs.


Green Girl is a glossy deep caramel and weighs 2 & 3/4 lbs.


They are walking now, a little tipsy more like 'waddling'. They complain when hungary or just to vocalize their disagreement about this or that. I handle them all several times a day for very short periods. Some complain, others don't - this is normal and happens with every litter. Equate it with changing a baby's diaper as they express displeasure when their damp skin is exposed to the cool air along with the handling - same with young pups. :+)

I expect the blacks to remain glossy and black like their mom but both caramel and red pups tend to lighten a bit as they age. I have never seen a red keep the same 'tone' of red as when they were puppies. In order for them to do so, they would have to ONLY have reds and blacks in their lineages on BOTH sides of the parents for many generations. This has never been done with the Australian Labradoodle lines to my knowledge.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce! My Mom, John and I are just dying over these new photos! Olive looks like such a proud Mommy and the pups are just beautiful. Cannot get over how much they change from week to week. Amy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous - every one of them, and of course, Olive too!!! We are really enjoying Stella. She is so sweet and learning the ropes very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I LOVE the blacks like crazy! I wish more people would realize how wonderful and gorgeous they are. I am thrilled to have Olive and hope to keep producing Olive look-a-likes forever. :+)

    I am glad that Stella is doing well, Diane. She is a smart cookie and will make you 'work her'. :+) Are you sure you don't want to add a black beauty to your family? :+)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Jasper would like us to add a black beauty to our family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Roger would like to add a black beauty to our family. They are gorgeous and we have always been in love with Olive. Her coat is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Claudia or Diane I do have one available! I know you both could be kidding, but if not email me personally! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Claudia! Hopefully one of the black beauties will become Jasper's companion! :+)

    ReplyDelete