Wednesday, June 2, 2010

We have moved!

Ahhhhhh...I have my office back and my feet can stretch under my desk. :+)

I spent most of the day cleaning the Puppy Room from Maple's litter to prepare it for Olive's. I always use a bleach solution along with steam cleaning. The windows sparkle and the tile floor looks lovely. It will only be for a short time though, as pups grow quickly and make a mess in no time. Such is life.

It is necessary to keep them in their pool until they become familiar with the new area; and the shades will be down to protect their sensitive eyes for a few days. The A/C is working just in case we have hot days - otherwise nature's breezes will blow through the multiple window screens to keep things comfortable.

Growing quickly, it was necessary to upgrade to colored 'cat' collars for identification. Same colors, different style.

They have settled in quite well and Olive already went in to nurse in their new space. A couple of them went to 'sniff' the teddy bear in the corner.


It did not take long at all for them to find a comfy spot and take another nap. There will be plenty of time to investigate their world later. :+)

4 comments:

  1. They look so adorable in their little pool. John, my mother and I have been so enjoying all the pictures - the ones of the adoptive families for Maple's litter were wonderful! How is it with only 6 little puppies in the house now? Any quieter:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! I am so glad you keep commenting, I wish the others would chime in as well so that I know people are checking in for the updates. :+)

    Yes, it is very quiet around here and I am enjoying the break before the pups begin exploring and needing stimuli other than mommy.

    I have already upgraded the pool because I noticed Green Girl and Black Boy being able to climb over the smaller one. They should be fine in this one for a week, I hope. :+)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am an AnnaBlog addict:-) Don't want to miss a moment in their little lives. Thank you so much for all the postings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the picture of the two of them sniffing the teddy bear! I can imagine that was enough to tire them out for a long nap. :)

    ReplyDelete