Saturday, February 9, 2013

Tango Wool's 'Needle in a Haystack' aka 'Dublin' (was named Lucky)

Dublin (was Lucky) enjoying our blizzard at 12 wks.

Dublin at 12 weeks old.
I guess lucky is the right word to use when I was asked to be in a partnership with this darling puppy.  He is an upcoming stud hopeful for Annabelle Doodles of New England, Blueberry Cottage Labradoodles and Tango Wool Labradoodles, who produced this cutie pie.

We expect him to mature to approximately 30 lbs. and roughly 18 inches.  He has very nice boning and is a 'wash and wear' kind of guy who is easy to have around but has plenty of stamina for wrestling, playing and social interaction.  My guess is that Dublin will eventually become more of a deep apricot color when his mature coat comes in but he could stay red as well.  No matter the shade, Dublin is an adorable young man that can't help but bring a smile to all who meet him.  His curly, non-shedding coat is lush and 'squeezably soft' and will produce adorable 'teddy bear' puppies.  :+)

Dublin will have stringent testing done when he is a year old and we are all hoping his results will bring smiles to our faces.

9 comments:

  1. Debbie, Sundog and BarneyFebruary 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM

    Lucky looks like a terrific little guy.

    Do you mind if I ask where Cappy is? I can't find that gorgeous guy anywhere on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, Capi's posts are not deleted. You just have to use the 'search button' on the top right side of the AnnaBlog. Type in Capi and hit enter, the posts will appear. :+) At least it does for me!

      Delete
    2. Debbie, Sundog and BarneyFebruary 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM

      I never really noticed the search box before. It did bring up Capi's posts. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yes, Lucky is a fun-loving pile of red curls and happy kisses. He will also be the right size for my program. Unfortunately, Capi has grown too large for me to use as I prefer keeping my sizes below 35 lbs. not upwards of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, Sundog and BarneyFebruary 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

    That is unfortunate. He was absolutely gorgeous and sounded like he had a wonderful temperament. I loved him from afar, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was a hard and sad decision for me. I lost my adorable black little guy, Chaplin and then gave up handsome, Capi. I can't seem to 'keep' a lovely black in my program that I can use. I have Felix but I can't use him on my girls. :+( My hope is that my 'luck' will change with Mr. Lucky and breeding him to most of my girls will produce some nice blacks (he does not carry chocolate). At least that is what I am hoping as long as his testing results hit the mark. :+) Plus, like Capi, Lucky is from well tested American lines and will continue to give me the hybrid vigor I desire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that about Capi -- I'm sorry, tough decision! This little guy is scrumptious though, and will undoubtedly produce some absolutely stunning doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kari. Clients really have no idea how hard it is to be a breeder. Sometimes I wish I was not so picky, but at 64 years of age, I know I won't be changing any time soon! :+)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for Dublin to be health tested!

    ReplyDelete